Sunday, March 6, 2011

this bites

I'm a nail biter.

When I was younger, my mom would rub jalapenos on my fingertips to discourage me from biting my nails. I built up a tolerance for extremely spicy foods real quick.

As a preteen, my dad and I made a deal: he would check my nails every night and for every day I didn't bite my nails, he'd add $10 to a jar. When I hit $100, I'd get to buy anything I want. The jar sat empty for an entire summer.

For 3 months before my wedding, I got a french manicure EVERY WEEK to discourage myself from biting my nails. I mean, it's the only day in your life people will want to take close up photos of your hand and nails, you know? But two days before the big day, my nerves got to me and my nails and months of hard work to grow out my stubby nubs were for naught. I ended up getting acrylics the day before the wedding. booo.

I know this is a disgusting habit/addiction and I've tried everything possible to stop. You'd think that after the time I found yellowymustardseedbabypoo under my nail while eating a sandwich and mistaking it for mustard would be the last straw but nope... I still bite em. ewww.

Very soon, with two babies in diapers, I'll be changing approximately a million poo diapers a day. Imagine all of the poo bacteria that could potentially be under my nails at any time of the day! EWWWW.

This is the year. I'm going to stop biting my nails. Not sure how I'll do it, but I've made up my mind to stop. I wonder if hubbahubs would be ok with me getting my nails done every week for the rest of my life? hrmm.

1 comment:

Liz said...

This was such a funny entry to me. I lol'ed especially at your yellowmustardseedypoop under the nails. YUCK!